Have you ever thought why is Xiaomi selling the POCO F1 so cheap in India? They are doing the same what OnePlus was doing when they initially launched. The base variant is selling for Rs.20999 with flagship specs. The phone also features a notch which is being spoken about a lot these days. Camera quality is also decent perhaps you cannot complain at this price tag. The front is made up of glass and the body is made up of plastic. You get 3 variants which start with 6GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB and goes up to 8GB/256GB. The 6GB/64GB option comes for Rs.20999, 6GB/128GB option comes for Rs.23999 and the 8GB/256GB option retails at Rs. 28999.
Inside the phone, you get Snapdragon 845 chipset which is the current most powerful SoC. Liquid cooling technology is also equipped which keeps the device cooler during usage. Powered by 4000 mAh battery which features fast charging 3.0. At the camera end, you get dual setup in the back with 12MP and 5 MP & LED flash. In the front, you have 20 MP sensor with AI capabilities. It’s being sold with Graphite Black, Steel Blue, Rosso Red and Armoured edition colors to choose from. Currently, it’s being sold on Flipkart and official Mi website which serves on First Come First Serve basis.
Why is the Phone so Cheap?
- AMOLED Display panel was not used rather an IPS panel was used to cut down on costing.
- Use of NFS was also eliminated as it’s not being used in India that much.
- The glass-based back design was also removed instead polycarbonate back was implemented which substantially reduced the cost.
- They reused the parts as being used in other Xiaomi smartphones which eventually reduced the time and money spent on R&D. The POCO F1 uses the same IR-based face unlock as the Mi 8 and the same 12MP IMX363 rear camera module as the Mi Mix 2S. The 20MP front camera module is also identical to that of the Mi 8.
- They were able to source a large volume of processors at a great price just because Xiaomi is Qualcomm’s largest consumers for the SoC 800 series.
- Every other module like the RAM, flash storage, display, SoC and camera were outsourced directly from Xiaomi hence the company could introduce the phone for such a low price.
- POCO F1 will also be leveraging Xiaomi’s after sale support team which also counts when cost-cutting is involved.
- All the units are sold in batches during a particular sale day. And all are being assembled in India which also plays a huge factor when pricing is concerned.
- Also, the POCO F1 is not looking to make profits more than 5% from hardware sales and is selling the device near to manufacturing cost.
- Above all, Xiaomi the brand name itself was leveraged by POCO F1. Every aspect of Xiaomi from manufacturing to sales was used by POCO which literally lowered down the price.
When the company concentrates on the product quality and tries to reduce the pricing its really going to work. And that’s what is happening with the POCO F1 which is destroying all the sale records ever made by any company. We don’t say there arent’s any flaws but for this price range, minor flaws can be overlooked.
Hope you liked the article. Please do let us know your views on the same by commenting below.
Source: Android Central