WhatsApp is something that’s very obvious in our lives these days. We use it for chatting, sharing videos, pictures, locations, documents and what not. WhatsApp is available for Android, iOS and Windows Mobile platform. Simountanesouly it is also available officially for your Windows, Mac or Linux desktop or Laptops pcs. For Windows and Mac, you can get a standalone installer but for Linux, a web-based interface is easily available.
Now lets us see how to get it done. Before we start, download and install your appropriate version of WhatsApp from the official website.
For Web-based interface log on to WhatsApp Web or use the standalone installer. Further steps shall be the same on both the methods.
Steps to follow
- On your PC just load the web version or run the app. You shall be greeted with a bar code. As shown above.
- Head towards your android phone and run WhatsApp. On the main page, click on three dotted verticle line at the top right-hand side of the app.
- From the menu choose WhatsApp Web.
- You will be now prompted to scan the barcode from your PC screen.
- Just scan the code and you can now use WhatsApp on your PC screen.
- Once you are done with your session don’t forget to log out from the PC. You can also use your phone to log out from every session you are logged in.
- For this to work, your phone and PC should have a working internet connection at the same time.
- WhatsApp on PC shall notify you when a new message arrives and also informs you if your phone is connected to the internet or not. It shall also inform you when the battery goes down on your phone.
We recommend you to use the Web-based version of WhatsApp on your computer. The standalone app is a bit huge in size and at times works a bit slow.
Hope this article was useful. Please do comment below to share your views and suggestions. Also please do share the same on your social handles for your friends and family.