Where Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 (Indian Consumer's) still awaits the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, Cyanogen Mod Inc. has released Cyanogen Mod 11 Nightlies for the same. The custom based ROM now offers Android 4.4.2 Kitkat which runs flawlessly and can be used as a daily driver for that matter.
Well there is still a problems to update the same via OTA that Cyanogen Mod servers provide. If you are blindly updating Cyanogen Mod 10.2 Nightlies to Cyanogen Mod 11 Nightlies, then you will have to face an error during installations that probably may get cancelled half way leaving a continuously booting device behind.
Reasons For Such an Error
1) Device not rooted. (May not be an issue with everyone).
2) Cyanogen Mod 11 is not compatible with ClockWorkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168.
To boot and install Cyanogen Mod 11, you need to have ClockWorkWord Recovery 22.214.171.124 atleast. (Latest CWM Recovery Is 126.96.36.199) (Primary Reason)
3) Not having the right and appropriate Gapps version for Cyanogen Mod 11.
4) USB Debugging not checked.
5) Not enough battery backup.
NOTE : We are not responsible for any mishap occurred during or after the process. We got a positive result after trying the same.So Kindly perform the same at your own risk.
Steps to get Official Cyanogen Mod 11 Nightlies on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100
1) Backup your device completely. Use Titanium Backup Pro or a manual backup would do.
2) Make sure the device is charged up to 70 percent. If it's below, kindly charge again.
3) Enable USB Debugging on your device settings.
4) Install USB Driver's for Tab 2 [7.0] P3100 on your computer Or Install and run the latest version of Samsung Kies on your computer.
4) Root your device if not rooted. (Tutorial)
7) Install ClockWorkMod Recovery. (Tutorial) Follow the same tutorial but choose required apps from point no. 5 & 6 here.
6) Copy Official Cyanogen Mod 11 ROM and Gapps to your device's root directory. We recommend you to make a folder and copy into that.
Now that you have all the requirements ready, just follow the steps mentioned in the tutorial, where the steps remains the same but apps have been already been downloaded using this post.
Note : We have linked a few older posts that have some required information that remains the same through out. Only the Official Cyanogen Mod 11 ROM, Gapps and Custom Recovery have to be downloaded from the links provided above.
We have personally tested the same on one of our device and got positive results.
In case once performing above steps you encounter boot loop or continuous reboots, just boot into custom recovery mod and perform a wipe and factory reset followed by a dalvik cache wipe.
Since this will be the first boot, you may take a few minutes to get onto the device setup page.
We personally did try the same and results were positive. Kindly let us know your feedback on the same. If you face any problem, please get back.