As seen last, the Micromax A110 Canvas 2 got a Jelly Bean Update 4.1 but was not OTA(Over The Air) one. Owners had to reach a local Micromax service center to get their device flashed with the new official ROM from Micromax.
Finally the flagship device from Micromax The Canvas A116 is also getting an upgrade to Jelly Bean 4.2.1.
Unfortunately this time also you have to carry your device to the service centers but a fairly good news follows, from now onwards the device is getting the OTA feature built in with the update that means the next time any Micromax Android updates are available you can easily do them over the air using Wi-Fi or 3G.
Now you can get the same updated to your Canvas HD A116 manually at home using your PC with internet connection
Disclaimer : Before you go any further, we would like to warn you, if you haven't done this before, you are better off visiting a service center and getting your phone updated by them. We won't be responsible for problems occurring during or after the update.
Step 3. Follow the instruction mentioned below.
- Install the drivers on your computer that supports data transfer via USB cable.
- Extract the Flash tool and the ROM files in your PC, keep using the same folder.
- Move all the files extracted to desktop for easy accessibility
- Open the flash_tool application from the extracted folder.
- Click on the scatter-loading button and select the scatter loading file from the extracted firmware.
- Now, turn your phone Off.
- Go to the options menu in the flash tool application and select the USB mode.
- After the above step, again go to the options menu and go to DA Download All under the USB mode click on speed and then click High Speed.
- Go to Firmware >> Upgrade option, click on this and the tool will now look for your phone.
- Connect your handset via the USB cable to the PC while it is off. The Flash tool will start the process of flashing the files which could be observed by the color progress bar in the flash tool.
- You will see a green ring after the process is complete.
- Now disconnect your phone, remove the battery and put it again back. Now, turn your phone on and you will see a TP update, do not touch the phone while it is in progress.
- Once it is completed, you can proceed.
The rebooting process after the update will normally take a few minutes, do not panic all is good there. Once the phone reboots, congratulations you have made it to Jelly Bean 4.2.1 on your Canvas HD A116.
In case you face any trouble, please feel free to get in touch via comments.
We still would recommend you to go to a nearest Micromax Service Center in case you are not aware of the process in working before.