If you are using Micromax A110 Canvas 2, we are sure you might be desperately waiting to get an official jelly bean update from the company itself. Congratulations guys, the official update is here.
Micromax finally rolled out their official update for Micromax A110 Canvas 2 to Jelly Bean version 4.1.1.
The bad news is although the official update is available you won't be able to download and install the same via OTA. You have to take your handset to the nearest Micromax service center to get your Canvas 2 flashed with the new jelly bean update.
Still you can do it at home using a simple process and trust me its damn easy. Personally I won't recommend you to go for such an upgradation if you are not familiar to such a process earlier. Although many service centers may not be having the new jelly bean ROM as currently majority of the service center are still in the update process.
Also Read : Micromax A116 Canvas HD : Gadget Lookout
Things to remember before opting for the update
1) Backup your contacts and apps using any third party software available on the Google Play Market. If you are syncing with Google, you don't have to worry about the contacts.
2) We won't be held responsible if you get your handset bricked. So even if you try to do it on your own risk.
3) Since this is an official update you don't have to worry about your warranty getting void.
4) Last but not the least charge your handset over 70 percent before you try this update.
So Let's begin
1) Download the ROM from the official Micromax FTP server. If you are not able to access the FTP server the download the ROM HERE.
2) You will be asked to enter the username and password on the server. So enter mxlive as the username and M!cr0m@xlive as the password.
3) On the page head towards the folder SW version/ and download the following (V3_120313_Update to Jelly Bean/) by double clicking on the link.
4) Then go a page back and open the folder Download Tool/ and download the SP flash tool V3.
5) Once you get hold of both the files, create a folder with any name and move both the downloaded folders into that on the desktop (This is just to get hands on the same easily)
6) Don't forget to extract the folders as you will get zipped folders from the Micromax FTP server.
7) Now you need some drivers to execute the operation successfully. Connect your hanset to the PC and install the software that you get inbuild according to 32 bit or 64 bit operating systems.
8) Now your PC will detect the device and will update and install the necessary drivers. It may happen that your system may not detect and show an error. Then manually download the driver.
10) Now use the flash tool, enter the SP_Flash_Tool_v3. folder and double click the flash_tool.exe.
When the program starts the download agent link will already be there all you need to do is add the scatter-loading file.
Click scatter loading button and then look for the file MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc in the S9081_MP_F4.1_B1_IN_MMX_1.10_2 folder..
Once done just click the download button (next to firmware upgrade) and then connect the switched off the phone to the PC.
Assuming that the drivers have installed properly the upgrade process will start.
During the process do not unplug / disconnect / abort the process unless you see the OK message with a green ring.
It will take a few minutes for the process to complete, once done disconnect the USB and start the phone.
It will take a little longer to start for the first time and you will see the superfone logo for a little longer time, it is normal.
Once the phone boots Wholla you are running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on your Mciromax A110 Superfone Canvas 2.
Conclusion - Don't have second thoughts as this is an official Jelly Bean Update from Micromax itself so the warranty getting void problem won't be there.
Moreover when you uodate and run the device for the first time you will feel the difference as the performance has been increased and processing has improved a lot.
Our Review (After the Jelly Bean Update)
1) Antutu Benchmark Score - 6448
2) Quadrant Standard Benchmark - 2906
3) Nena Mark 2 Benchmark Score - 22.9 fps
Hope you have got the things correctly. Please Please do not attempt this if you are not familiar with the process earlier. Take your device to the nearest Micromax service center.
In case you have any trouble doing this please comment below. We will get back to you asap. Thanks & have a nice day.
Sign-up for FREE Daily Updates.